Converse Essentials Collection // Closet Staples

Converse launched a 5-piece 'Essentials' collection and I was vibrating with hopeful excitement as I waited for the page to load. I’m in the space of less is more right now. Going through my closet I can honestly say I wear about 30% of it consistently, so why am I hanging on to the other 70%?  I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve tried something on only to take it off and grab one of my trusted favorites. Each piece in the collection is intended to get better with time (like us), made with a cotton jersey that softens with wear and washes yet maintains it’s initial construction. I’m seriously hoping this means I can buy 1 (or 2) t-shirts, wear them with everything from ripped skinnies, to a high-waisted skirt to my luxtreme leggings to/from spin class.

First on my must-have list is the t-shirt, I‘m lovin’ how girl crush Bianca Cheah has it styled on Sportluxe, layering 2 of them, tying a note on the bottom/side or simply rolling the sleeves. Rolling your t-shirt sleeves literally takes the style to a whole new level, here’s an adorable vid w/3 ways to roll t-shirt sleeves – take note that I would try out his first 2 demonstrations with your t-shirt off, you’ll know what I mean when you see his first option. The sweatpants and crew are #2 and #3 on my wish list, teaching spin and checking out other classes are part of my daily routine so I need pieces that are easy to throw on + look sporty chic. It's all about sweatin' fancy.

High Snobiety also featured the collection this week, street styling it on Berlin cool crew NULLDREINULL (think pink high-tops & gold chains #yesplease). Each publication has a different take on the line, one sporty, one street, and both work possibly proving that Converse has created a line that hipsters and jocks alike will rock and love. Check out both sites and shop the full men’s and women’s Converse Essentials collection here.

Converse Essentials on Oil & Grain

PS, these weather-ready aka water-proof Converse high top sneakers also caught my eye this week. 

~xo LDLF

#sweatfancy


Photo cred: Sportluxe