Look Ma, No Gluten! | Quinoa Cinnamon Loaf
I always seem to be obsessed with something and right now it's this bundle of baked goodness - and so is my husband, he devoured half of it before I could get any sexy rexy loaf pictures for this post!
If you're like me looking for any way to shorten your morning routine so you can sleep an extra 5 minutes, then this loaf is your new breakfast bestie. I like my cooking/baking uncomplicated, the fewer the ingredients + trips to the grocery store the better. This recipe checks all the boxes, healthy, easy and tasty. I cut a piece in the morning and eat it plain, heat it up a little and/or add a dollop of natural peanut butter. It's got a great balance of protein + carbs to power you through workouts and it's easy on the digestive system being gluten free. You can omit the maple syrup if you want to reduce the amount of sugar in it, I've never done that because I'm wary of how it will taste + I'm a believer that sugar in moderation is good for your sanity.
Recipe below, now go get your bake on!
- 2 1/2 cups cooked + cooled QUINOA
- 4 beaten EGGS
- 1/3 cup VANILLA (COCONUT or ALMOND or SOY) MILK
- 1/3 cup MAPLE SYRUP (optional but c'mon now, just put it in)
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 tablespoon CINNAMON
HOW YOU DO IT:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a standard loaf pan with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, & cinnamon. Add maple syrup and whisk it in.
- In a large mixing bowl add egg mixture to the cooked+cooled quinoa and stir it all up.
- Pour mixture into the lined loaf pan, make sure it's even, bake for 25-30 minutes until it's set and golden *to check if it's done, dip a toothpick or knife in the centre. If it comes out clean you're good to go.
- Let it cool, then devour it!